We want frontline workers who are providing housing advice or work in the housing sector to have the knowledge, skills and confidence to provide safe and appropriate support to victim-survivors of economic abuse.
Who is this course suitable for?
Our economic abuse and privately-owned housing course is aimed at frontline professionals in the housing sector but may also be of interest to professionals working in second-tier housing services.
What is the course format?
Economic abuse and privately-owned housing is an interactive and engaging learning experience and includes group discussions and exercises. All our courses are delivered by highly experienced trainers.
After completing the course, attendees will have:
- Increased understanding of economic abuse as described in the Domestic Abuse Bill
- New knowledge of how economic abuse operates within the context of domestic abuse
- Increased knowledge of the difference between economic abuse and financial abuse
- Increased knowledge of privately owned housing systems and how they impact victim-survivors
- New knowledge of where to access specialist guidance on specific cases when supporting victim-survivors of domestic abuse who are owner-occupiers
- Increased knowledge of the further training, resources and support available from Surviving Economic Abuse
- Increased skill to recognise and respond to signs of economic abuse including post-separation abuse
- Increased skill to recognise the impact of economic abuse and its link with physical safety
- Increased skill and motivation to effectively support victim-survivors to navigate highly complex privately owned housing systems, and signpost appropriately
- Increased motivation and confidence in the belief that their work can minimise harm and make a difference to victim-survivors and their long-term economic safety
This course is currently not accredited.
This course is a 4-hour course.
We can deliver the course in person or online via Zoom or Microsoft Teams.
Course fees are dependent on exact requirements. Please make an enquiry to discuss your needs and pricing options.
For more information, please contact: [email protected]