Our economic abuse and debt advice course will support money and debt advisors to develop the necessary skills and knowledge to recognise economic abuse and be confident that they are providing safe and appropriate support to victim-survivors of economic abuse.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is for debt and money advisors, as well as those who signpost people to debt and money advice.
What is the course format?
This course is an interactive and engaging learning experience and includes group discussions and exercises. All our courses are delivered by highly experienced trainers.
After completing this course, attendees will have:
- Increased knowledge of economic abuse as described in the Domestic Abuse Act
- New knowledge of how economic abuse operates within the context of domestic abuse
- Increased knowledge of the difference between economic abuse and financial abuse
- Increased knowledge of perpetrator economic abuse tactics, including coerced debt
- Increased knowledge of the training, resources and support available from Surviving Economic Abuse
- Increased skill to recognise the impact of economic abuse and its link with physical safety
- Increased skill to recognise the signs of economic abuse in a debt advice context, including post-separation abuse
- Increased skill and motivation to respond to economic abuse and create economic safety in a debt advice context
- Increased motivation and confidence in the belief that their work can minimise harm and make a difference to victim-survivors and their long-term economic safety
This course is currently not accredited.
This course is a 4-hour course.
We can deliver the course face to face or online via Zoom or Microsoft Teams.
We operated a tiered pricing structure as follows:
- Tier 1 – Violence Against Women & Girls or domestic abuse charities, or any charity with an annual expenditure of less than £5m
- Tier 2 – Larger charities or providers with annual expenditure over £5m and statutory providers, such as local authorities
- Tier 3 – Corporate organisations and the for-profit sector
For more information about our training courses or to discuss any bespoke or specific requirements, please contact: [email protected]
“I would just like to just say how much I enjoyed and valued the training session. Judy and Jasbinder did an excellent job and I feel that going forward if I come across an SEA client, I will be able to support them more fully because I have now an much better understanding and awareness of what to look out for and what questions to ask. Furthermore, Judy provided us with additional sources of information as well to facilitate any external signposting where necessary.” – Training participant