Our economic abuse and debt advice course will support money and debt advisors to develop the necessary skills and knowledge to recognise economic abuse and be confident that they are providing safe and appropriate support to victim-survivors of economic abuse.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is for debt and money advisors, as well as those who signpost people to debt and money advice.
What is the course format?
This course is an interactive and engaging learning experience and includes group discussions and exercises. All our courses are delivered by highly experienced trainers.
After completing this course, attendees will have:
- New knowledge of how economic abuse operates within the context of domestic abuse
- Increased knowledge of the difference between economic abuse and financial abuse
- Increased skill to recognise the impact of economic abuse and its link with physical safety
- Increased awareness to recognise tactics used by perpetrators of economic abuse in situations of coerced debt, how they exploit victim survivors and how they misuse financial products to gain and maintain control over a victim survivor
- Increased understanding of the impact of economic abuse on the victim-survivor, including, economic loss, credit rating, managing the abuse, coerced debt, post separation abuse
- Increased motivation and confidence in the belief that their work can minimise harm and make a difference to victim-survivors and their long-term economic safety.
This course is accredited with 4.5 CPD points.
This course is a 5-hour course.
We can deliver the course face to face or online via Zoom or Microsoft Teams.
Course fees are dependent on exact requirements. Please make an enquiry to discuss your needs and pricing options.
For more information about our training courses or to discuss any bespoke or specific requirements, please contact: [email protected]
“I would just like to just say how much I enjoyed and valued the training session. Judy and Jasbinder did an excellent job and I feel that going forward if I come across an SEA client, I will be able to support them more fully because I have now an much better understanding and awareness of what to look out for and what questions to ask. Furthermore, Judy provided us with additional sources of information as well to facilitate any external signposting where necessary.” – Training participant