It’s our birthday! Surviving Economic Abuse officially turned 2 last week so we thought it would be a good time to reflect on the past year and all that we’ve achieved.
- In that time we’ve grown from one employee to twelve.
- Our Experts by Experience Group members have grown from around twenty to over one hundred women.
- We’ve worked hard to get economic abuse named in the statutory definition within the Domestic Abuse Bill despite a political climate dominated by Brexit.
- We’ve launched new projects such as our National Advice Service for Banks and Building Societies and our work to help women stay in privately owned housing/on the property ladder.
- We’ve delivered training sessions on economic abuse across domestic abuse services, housing associations, local authorities, financial institutions and the police.
- We’ve been featured in over 60 pieces of media coverage, across broadcast, radio, national, regional and trades – including BBC Breakfast, BBC News, Sky News, Financial Times, BBC Woman’s Hour, BBC Moneybox, The Sun, The Telegraph, The Guardian, The Daily Mirror, The Daily Mail.
- We’ve undergone a rebrand, hosted our first big event, Banking on Change, and been shortlisted for our first award.
What a year it has been! Thank you to all our supporters, funders and partners, and of course to the many courageous women who inform and shape the work that we do. Happy 2nd Birthday SEA!
You can also wish SEA a happy 2nd birthday by making a one off donation to mark the event or by donating £2/month to our cause. Visit our donations page on JustGiving – every little goes towards helping us achieve our goals.